If you or one of your family members was injured in an auto accident, you may have been contacted by an insurance company representative and offered money. While this might seem like a good thing, you need to be careful that you are not taken advantage of.
Insurance companies are notorious for offering injury victims far less than their cases are worth. In general, we tell people to talk to an experienced lawyer about injury compensation — and we tell them not to accept an offer without seeking legal advice first.
Don't Be A Victim Twice
Insurance claims and payments are complicated matters. At the law firm of Thomas J. Ueberschaer, P.A., in Pensacola and Panama City, Florida, we provide guidance to people who have been seriously injured through the negligence of others. We don't want people to be victims twice — once because of a negligent driver and once due to an insurance company.
If you have been offered money for your injuries, talk to us first. We can give you the guidance you need to make good decisions about medical costs, lost wages and other important aspects of your personal injury case. We can answer questions like:
- What is my case worth?
- How much compensation do you think is fair?
- Why do I need to hire a lawyer to obtain injury compensation?
- Should I allow a claims adjuster to take a recorded statement? (Answer: No.)
- How do I deal with a case involving the loss of a loved one?
- Who will cover my hospital bills?
- Who will pay for my vehicle damage — and when?
- If I have bills to pay and they offer a lot of money, shouldn't I just take the settlement?
- How do I proceed if I lost a loved one?
Talk To Us Before You Talk To Anyone Else's Insurance Company
Every case is different. Before you accept an insurance settlement for your injuries, have one of our attorneys review your case. Contact Thomas J. Ueberschaer, P.A., for a free consultation.